Professor & Graduate Advisor - Professor
Office Phone: (435) 797-5962
Colin Flint: a geographer whose books include The Geography of War and Peace, Introduction to Geopolitics, Political Geography, and Reconstructing Conflict; with Spanish, Polish, Korean, Mandarin, Japanese and Farsi translations.
Political Geography, Geopolitics, International Relations
Geopolitics, Peace and Conflict, World-Systems Theory, Just War Theory
- PhD - University of Colorado at Boulder - 1995
- MA - University of Colorado at Boulder - 1992
- BA - University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne - 1990
- Young Scholar Award in Political Geography - March 2004
- Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning/AMOCO Teaching Excellence Award 1997
- Graduate Student Research and Creative Work Award - May 1995
- Scholarly - Geopolitical Constructs: Mulberry Harbours, World War Two, and the Making of a Militarized Trans-Atlantic
- Scholarly - Reconstructing Conflict: Integrating War and Post-war Geographies. - 2011 - Co-authored by: S Kirsch.
- Textbook - Introduction to Geopolitics - 2006
- Scholarly - The Geography of War and Peace - 2005
- Scholarly - Spaces of Hate: Geographies of Hate and Intolerance in the United States of America - 2004
- Textbook - Political Geography: World-Economy, Nation-State and Locality - 2000 - Co-authored by: P Taylor.
- Scholarly - Transforming American Government: Implications for a Diverse Society - 1997
- Book Review - "Geopolitics and the Quest for Dominance" by Jeremy Black
- Journal Article, Academic Journal - One Belt, One Road Interpreted by the Western Geopolitical Imagination - Co-authored by: Xiaotong Zhang.
- Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book - Geographies of Reconstruction: Re-thinking Post-War Spaces - The Tyranny of Peace: Critical Perspectives on the Politics of International Intervention - 2016 - Co-authored by: Scott Kirsch.
- Growth and Collapse of Cities and Empires since 4000 BCE: Testing sociological, anthropological and geopolitical explanations of sociocultural complexity - $250000 - 2015-07-01
- Geopolitical Constructs: The Making of the Mulberry Harbours - $1000 - 2014-02-18
- Towards an Understanding of the Dynamism of North Korea's Geopolitical Codes and Geopolitical Visions - $20000 - 2009-12-31