Professor, Graduate Program Director - Professor
Office Phone: (435) 797-5962
Colin Flint: a geographer whose books include The Geography of War and Peace, Introduction to Geopolitics, Political Geography, and Reconstructing Conflict; with Spanish, Polish, Korean, Mandarin, Japanese and Farsi translations.
Political Geography, Geopolitics, International Relations
Geopolitics, Peace and Conflict, World-Systems Theory, Just War Theory
- PhD - University of Colorado at Boulder - 1995
- MA - University of Colorado at Boulder - 1992
- BA - University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne - 1990
- Young Scholar Award in Political Geography - March 2004
- Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning/AMOCO Teaching Excellence Award 1997
- Graduate Student Research and Creative Work Award - May 1995
- Scholarly - Reconstructing Conflict: Integrating War and Post-war Geographies. - 2011 - Co-authored by: S Kirsch.
- Textbook - Introduction to Geopolitics - 2006
- Scholarly - The Geography of War and Peace - 2005
- Scholarly - Spaces of Hate: Geographies of Hate and Intolerance in the United States of America - 2004
- Textbook - Political Geography: World-Economy, Nation-State and Locality - 2000 - Co-authored by: P Taylor.
- Scholarly - Transforming American Government: Implications for a Diverse Society - 1997
- Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book - “One Logic, Many Wars: The Variety and Geography of Wars in the Capitalist World-Economy, 1816-2007” - Overcoming Global Inequalities - Co-authored by: R Dezzani.
- Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book - “The Geopolitics of Religious Terrorism” - The Changing World Religion Map - Co-authored by: S Radil.
- Journal Article, Academic Journal - The Spatial Diffusion of War: The Case of World War I - 2014 - Co-authored by: Diehl Paul, Vasquez John, Scheffran Juergen, Radil Steven, and Rider Toby.
- Geopolitical Constructs: The Making of the Mulberry Harbours - $1000 - 2014-02-18
- Towards an Understanding of the Dynamism of North Korea's Geopolitical Codes and Geopolitical Visions - $20000 - 2009-12-31
- Science, Technology & Security: New Institutions to manage Global Security in the 21st Century - $15000 - 2009-12-31