The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is built upon a foundation of excellence. Our faculty members are recognized for world-class teaching and leadership, and our students engage in research and service learning that will help change the world. However, without the generosity of others we simply would not be who we are today.
State budgets continue to recover from the global economic downturn. Without additional support, we cannot sustain the traditional high-level research, teaching, and learning opportunities USU students deserve and have come to expect.
Many students do not realize that tuition does not cover the full cost of operating the college and university. It does not even cover half. State funding does not either. The difference is made by private donors who believe in USU’s mission and support it through gifts for scholarships, professorships, and programs. They help USU retain quality faculty members, recruit top students, and continue its tradition of excellence.
Please consider giving to CHaSS if you:
- Received a scholarship or fellowship
- Participated in a student club or sport
- Had a teacher who made you feel valued, who made you feel capable of making a difference
- Were subsidized to present your research at a conference
- Feel you benefited from your education at USU